Kristin exercised great patience and made rocky road fudge brownies with James. He had a great time and only broke one egg when he dropped the egg carton. Of course, licking the beaters is always a perk, but he also got some great lessons in following directions.
Good thing Helena is a strong little thing, because James isn't exactly the lightest cargo to be pulling. It's easy to tell that once they got to a slight incline. They had a blast playing in the snow, and stayed outside till it was almost dark.
I know it sounds silly, but we don't consider it to have really snowed until we have to move it. Our patio seating got a nice blanket and we fired up the tractor for the driveway, so that makes this a real snow:)
Everyone thought the ladies were ending the recital, but this year they had planned a little surprise for their students--they had prepared a piece to play together for their students and the audience.
They played a fun arrangement of the Batman theme for piano and cello. It was really fun to hear them play together again--it had been a really long time.
Jonathan was having more than his share of car troubles this summer and less than his share of time, so Christopher got to help him out with one of his little problems. (no it didn't involve stacking chairs)
Jonathan has a car with a cover over his battery so unless he removes it, he can't see any problems going on with the terminals. A little cleaning and terminal replacement and everything is good to go.
Put the cover back, and what a nice surprise for Jonathan :)
Well, obviously we found out that the window we ordered was the right size and much to Christopher's delight, it's time to take out the old window.
Window replacement is a messy business and in order to be able to continue using the kitchen without eating insulation, wood splinters, and sawdust, Bob and Christopher made a nice cardboard shield to keep the mess outside.
Christopher is getting ready to take out the old casements.
You'll notice our very creative scaffolding :)
Cutting out the old frame is always difficult, but it's made easier by the cordless tools. We've had a lot of trouble with moldy wood around the other windows we replaced so it's almost a given that there will be some wood replacement needed.
Getting all the framing done and then adding in some extra pieces to keep the window from "tipping in" when it is placed in the opening.
You can see those extra pieces all installed as they lift the window. It would have been a shame if they had gotten it in the opening only to have it fall through and onto the kitchen floor.
Okay, it's up there--now what....
Well, I guess we could just leave Christopher out there holding it in place or.....
...have it fastened in place. Fastening won since Christopher
has other responsibilities too. So, here it sits awaiting trim.
I'm hoping soon to be able to post a final picture with trim.