Saturday, July 20, 2013

Recovery Weekend

Kristin and I have spent the past two weeks teaching string camps.  Just to give you an idea what that was like and so you'll understand the lack of posts, try to imagine the following:

1)  17 rental instruments (which I was completely responsible for)
2)  27 campers with only a vague idea of what it means to respect other people or property (this being demonstrated vividly with one camper being caught in the act of hitting another camper over the head with his rented violin)
3)  the din of out-of-tune stringed instruments playing
4)  the shrieks of excited campers as they make new friends and as they finish the "quiet game"
5)  my now non-existent voice which I trust will return by Monday (caused by having to yell over said             campers' excitement for ten days)

Need I say more?  Many posts to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment