Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Vacation Day 12

Today we spent the day at the Biltmore Estate in Asheville.  It is one of those places I've always wanted to visit.  They don't allow photography in the house, but I can tell you the small amount we were able to see was amazing.  I particularly enjoyed some of the videos they have showing some of the restoration that has been done.  It was really fascinating.  Personally, I can't imagine ever having a house with 43 bathrooms.  Three is quite enough to clean for me!  

As usual, the gardens were my favorite.  They were so beautiful and the day was just perfect.  It was 78 and sunny with a light breeze.  I got some more great ideas for our gardens at home.  (my sons groan)


James knows just who to ask for a ride when he gets tired.


The girls obliged me and posed under this beautiful trellis of roses.


This has been quite a week for Bob and I.  
We went from rarely having a picture together to having several!


I thought this rose May pole idea was so neat!


Oh to be the gardener and have this for your residence!


We all got to pose in this farm wagon they obviously don't use anymore.


Nonnie and Papa look so serious!

No comments:

Post a Comment