Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Trio Rehearsal Peek

video

I sat in on The Trio Magnificat's rehearsal today while they were working on a Mendelssohn piano trio for the March concert.  This was the first time they had ever played this movement together and I thought it was so funny to see and hear all of their clunkers, miscounts, and comments that I took a short video.  It's so easy to forget how much hard work goes into the finished product that we often think it just gets that way effortlessly.  If you've ever been tempted to think that, I think this clip should cure you of it.

video

This clip is of a different movement they've been working on for awhile.  I think you'll be able to tell a huge difference.  It's still not "concert worthy", but it's getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment